Mrs Sazida Desai is our safeguarding governor.
Safeguarding governors are integral liaisons between a school and a governing body. They’re crucial for a number of reasons, including being responsible for:
- Ensuring a school has an effective safeguarding policy in place.
- Ensuring safer recruitment practices are put in place.
- The creation and foreseeing over of abuse allegation procedures.
- Maintaining a good working relationship between the school they represent, local government bodies and any external organisations, such as charities or child welfare institutions.
- Promoting safeguarding children training for all school staff and making sure this training is of a high calibre and up-to-date.
- Ensuring all school policies are focused on the children, considers all possible safeguarding issues and are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that all governors complete safeguarding training.